Sewers can also be tagged as dressmakers if they specialize on dresses mostly for women or tailors if they specialize on jackets, trousers and coats for men. But sewers are not only for clothes. There are those who work on shoes and bags. Whatever specialty they might work on, somehow they still manage to do almost similar responsibilities.
- Location: Saint John, NB
- Salary: $13.75 to $15.00 hourly for 75 hours bi-weekly
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 10 vacancies
Sewer Job Responsibilities
- Primarily to cut, trim and stitch clothes or pieces of clothes (or at other’s times shoes and bags) together
- Design and draw clothes and/or shoes or bags and present ideas to the company
- Accurately measure the client’s vital statistics and other measurements to make the pattern
- Communicate with the client to determine the type of material, designs and decorative items to put on the garment
- Sew clothes with a sewing machine or by hand as the design and material requires like edges and linings
- Check the finished products for imperfections
- Fit, alter, repair according to the desires of the clients
- Press the finished product with hand irons or with pressing machines
- Replace or repair defective garment parts
- Examine the garments carefully for some other alterations to be made
- Attend to clients complaints professionally
- Work with clients in a friendly manner
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Persons with disabilities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter