A Harvesting labourer is an agriculture worker that operates a combine or forage harvester and other equipment to harvest crops. As a harvester, your primary job duties involve operating farm machinery, inspecting crops by hand, and performing basic maintenance tasks on all machines.
In some harvester positions, you use equipment like tractors and combines to gather forage for livestock. In other positions, you must harvest the crops by hand because of steep terrains that prevent the use of a machine or local regulations that require this method.
Experience with the machinery is desirable, although many individuals receive on-the-job skills training. Your duties often include routine maintenance and repair of the equipment. Your responsibilities sometimes involve pesticide application, for which you need a license.
Harvesting labourer Job details
- Location: 25479 56 Avenue Langley, BCV4W 1G5
- Salary: $15.65 to $17.65 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 15 vacancies
Harvester Job Overview
- No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Hand harvesting vegetables
- Clean work area
- Sort and pack fruits and vegetables
- Load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce livestock, and poultry
Experience and specialization
Type of Crops
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Who can apply for Harvesting Labourer Job In Canada?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply