A Farm labourer needed in Canada: Farmer manages farms, ranches, greenhouses, nurseries, and other agricultural production organizations. Farmers are involved in planting, cultivating, performing post-harvest duties, overseeing livestock, and supervising farm labor depending on the type of farm.
Farm labourer Job details
- Location: 1391 Brock RoadDundas, ONL9H 5E4
- Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 5 vacancies
We are looking for a farmer to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful as a farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
Farm labourer Job Requirements:
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
Farm labourer Job Overview
- No degree, certificate, or diploma
Experience an asset
- Fruit and vegetable combination farming
- Other vegetables and melon farming (except potato)
- Staff accommodation available
- Urban area
- Rural area
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Cleaning crop
- Greenhouse cleaning
- Hand harvesting vegetables
- Harvesting seedlings,
- Hoeing crops
- Plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops
- Stone and/or wood picking
- Vegetable culling
- Vertical farming system
- Harvest crops
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Write daily basic progress reports
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Farm truck
- Planting equipment
Automated systems experience
- Automated irrigation system
- Automated environmental control equipment
- Feeding and watering system
- Storage and silage system
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- coordination detail
- Hand-eye coordination
- Acolorsto distinguishes between colors
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime Judgment
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply for this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
1391 Brock Road